Monday, November 12, 2012

Been Painting

I have recently finished a few models for my Cryx army. Thought it was time to finish up the Leviathan, and got drawn into painting the Necrosurgeon and Stitch Thralls. I had picked them up a little while ago and figures since the models were so small I would just bang them off. It took longer than I thought it would, and the little stitch thralls were a real pain in the ass to paint. But they are done so I figured I would add some photos to the completed cryx tag.

Leviathan

Necrosurgeon and Stitch Thralls:





There isn't too much to talk about in terms of the models themselves. I used a different color scheme on the leather dress of the Necrosurgeon. I painted the whole thing with Rhinox Hide (Scorched brown) and then did a dry brush over the whole area with Snakebite Leather. Once it was dry I covered the area with Devland Mud wash and then dry brushed Graveyard Earth over the areas that would be highlighted. I then used Khemri Khaki to extreme highlight. For the sacks on the thralls I used Rhinox Hide, Bestial Brown followed by a brown wash, Graveyard Earth dry brush, Khaki Highlight and Menoth White (P3) for the stitches and treads.

I'm currently working on a project with a friend and that will be cutting into my modeling and painting time but I will be posting regularly about that project because it is useful for table top terrain building. I am also getting tired of the terrain features I currently have for my table and will be working on a few terrain pieces in the downtime from the big project, so the next few posts will likely be terrain focused. Happy boxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment