Saturday, January 21, 2012

Menoth Assembled/Army Painter


Finally got the Menoth assembled from the two player box set. The sculpts are pretty good quality and was easy to assemble. A few pieces needed to be filed down to fit properly but this is no different than any other model kit I have built. I haven't glued a whole lot down yet, I just pinned the pieces into place in the position I wanted them. I did this because a few of the areas would be hard to access later on with a paintbrush, and during the priming process. I glued down all the pieces that are "open", and then primed the extra pieces separately and once the body and bits are painted I will glue it all together. Here are each of the units built to be primed.

Kreoss:


Crusader & Vanquisher:





Cinerators:



There is also a Repenter that you can see in the following picture as well, for Some reason I didn't take a picture of it before it was primed. I used "Army Painter: Matte White" primer for the first time, and I am very happy with the result. It came out thin from the can and evenly spread over the minis. It also comes in tons of colors, and for the price I will no longer be using GW primers. Here are the minis all primed up, I wont be painting them until I get the paint I need, or can figure out a GW equivalent for paint colors. I saw a few lists online that list the colors, so we'll see.



Next Up: Gap Filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment